Carole Jones Harrison
Weichert, Realtors- Porter Properties
472 N. Dean Road
Auburn, AL 36830
Office: 334-887-2070 Ext: 230
"The Loveliest Village on the Plains", the city of Auburn is home to Auburn University and is a thriving community of approximately 54,000 residents. Auburn is located along I-85 in east central Alabama where it is 40 miles to Columbus, GA, 60 miles to Montgomery, AL and 115 miles to Atlanta, GA.
• In 2009, US News and World Report ranked Auburn, AL one of the top 10 Best Places to Live in the US
• In 2007, Forbes named the Auburn-Opelika Area the 6th fastest growing Metro Statistical Area in the US for small metros.
• In 2005, the Auburn-Opelika Metro Area was ranked #1 in the US for golf by Golf Digest.
Opelika, a city of quaint charm and rich heritage, together with sister city Auburn, is part of the Metro Statistical Area indicated above. This city of 25,000 residents is the county seat of Lee County, and is a favorite spot for tourists with many sites on the National Register of Historic Places.
• Opelika has quaint Southern neighborhoods filled with restored historic 19th Century and turn-of-the century homes.
• The city provides cultural programs through the East Alabama Arts Association and its annual series showcased at the 1200 seat Opelika Performing Arts Center.
• The Southern Tourism Society has listed the city's Victorian Front Porch Christmas Tour as one of the "Top 20 Tourist Events in the Southeast."
Helpful Area Links